PDA

View Full Version : hi idle doesn't cancel

gvig
04-25-2004, 18:46
As per JK's website I located the A6 pin in the 24 pin connecter on my pcm, connected a jumper to 12 volts to demonstrate the 1075 rpm hi idle. It works, but there is one worm in the can. When I apply the brakes or shift my transmission into drive the hi idle doesn't cancel. Though JK's website warns of this possibility, has anyone done any investigating as to why some do and some don't??

Starting with the hi idle circuit active seems to start much crisper, not the lazy way it sometimes does. I just wouldn't want my wife to try to drive it and accidently get the hi idle active and have a run away in a parking lot.

Cowracer
04-26-2004, 10:51
George,

My truck does the same thing (even with bill heaths chip). I actually prefer it this way. I use the high idle when backing a trailer up a hill in tight quarters. It keeps a steady stream of power rather than using the 2-foot throttle and brake method.

I also use it to let my truck claw its way up slick boat ramps. If I goose the throttle just a little bit, the rear tires will break loose, but not on high idle.

As far as a run away, even the worst brakes and the lightest driver will still be able to stop a 6.5 on high idle.