PDA

View Full Version : Cluster Replaced Now Lights Won't Shut Off

Linda
03-10-2008, 15:33
Hi,

I have an 03 Duramax 3500 and have never had any problems with it at all. It has 37000 miles on it. Took it in to the dealer to have the recalled light cluster replaced. Maybe this is coincidental but now the lights stay on when I shut the engine off and of course the battery runs down and it will not start.

Would the cluster have anything to do with exterior lights?

Thanks.

KC

More Power
03-10-2008, 23:13
Good to see you here again Linda!

By "light cluster" are you referring to the instrument panel cluster, or something else?

Jim

Duramaster
03-11-2008, 12:35
Did your dealer just "REPLACE" the IPC or did they also "REPROGRAM" the IPC as well? The IPC needs to be told what kind of vehicle it is being installed into as well as the vehicle options. OR are you leaving the running lights on? :p

Shed
03-12-2008, 13:53
what is this recall you are talking about? I have a problem with my "service 4 wheel drive" light coming on and I have been told that the clust needs to be replaced..... Is there a recall on this that I can have Chevy pay for this repair??? The dealership has checked the tranny and 4WD and report no problems. Thanks for any info! Shed

DmaxMaverick
03-12-2008, 14:32
what is this recall you are talking about? I have a problem with my "service 4 wheel drive" light coming on and I have been told that the clust needs to be replaced..... Is there a recall on this that I can have Chevy pay for this repair??? The dealership has checked the tranny and 4WD and report no problems. Thanks for any info! Shed

On the '01, there is no recall for the cluster or 4x4 message or malfunction. Your problem is most likely the 4x4 button cluster. It isn't too expensive (much less at www.gmpartsdirect.com) and a 10 minute replacement w/o any special tools or skills required.

Sounds like Linda is referring to the IP cluster, which has issues for '03 models, and has a recall/bulletin to address it. I'm not aware of any common issues with the 01-02 IP clusters. The 2003 M/Y and later saw a huge update to the entire electrical system. It was changed from the traditional system to a multiplexed system.