PDA

View Full Version : Code 36, whats up?

Black95TD
04-25-2004, 13:52
I was driving through some really heavy rain recently and my check engine light came on for a short while. Code 36 per the jumper wire key on proceedure. I checked my air filter to see if it was wet. Just dirty. Replaced that and reset code. The next day drove to Hartford in the rain and the check engine light came on briefly on my way home in the dry. Code 36 is back. The truck is running fine as far as I can tell. The light is off and code is still there. Can anyone tell me whats up?
Thanks!

ttpost
04-26-2004, 05:16
hello looked at my diagnostic charts,first thing to check are all the connections including the ones at the computer,good luck just battled my truck turned out to be 2 faulty computers,second one was a bad rebuilt,which wasted almost a day and half of my time ticks me off.

FarmerDale
04-26-2004, 05:25
From my recent experience , I would agree with connections being the probable fault. Before you dive into the PCM, though, take a look at the pins going into the PMD/FSD, and alos its ground. I am suspicious of underhood problems linked with the rain rather than an in-cab problem.

Black95TD
04-27-2004, 03:35
ttpost and Farmer Dale,

Thanks for the input. Connenctions makes a lot of sense after 9 years of salt covered roads up here in CT. The day this happened I was on I-84 and there were 1/2 inch puddles in spots. This is a good thing generally as it flushes all the salt off the underside. I'll start with grounds and go from there under the hood.

Otherwise, I love my truck. It has about 60K on the injection pump/FSD. Always keep 1/2 tank of fuel, use Stanadyne lubricity formula, change filters on regular basis and buy fuel from a 100% reputable source. The oil pressure sending units have given me more grief than anything else.

Thanks again.

moondoggie
05-01-2004, 06:55
Good Day!

You may want to look at DTC 35 - Help! (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004386#000000) (Click in colored text.). DTC 35 & 36 are closely related.

Blessings!

Brian Johnson, #5044