PDA

View Full Version : new injectors or ?

coxfmly
02-26-2008, 13:00
A few of my return lines on the injectors are very wet along with 2 injectors themselves. The fuel is coming from the seam where the 30mm socket? would bite onto. Its not leaking from the small nut or the steel line but farther down towards the main body of the injector.

The truck isnt starting like it should. It now takes a few times to start when in the past it would crank after the first turn. I noticed a puddle of fuel under the right side of the truck last night. Thats when I noticed the wet lines (braided line) going between each injector.

The injectors were upgraded to 6.5 about 3 yrs / 20K miles ago.
How should I know if the injectors are bad and should they be replaced with a complete set? If so which brand should I buy and from whom? Would it be worth sending my set out for a pop test / overhaul?

Thanks.....

Robyn
02-26-2008, 20:51
Wash things off with some very dry solvent like Brake Kleen. Now run the truck and see where the fuel leaks are coming from. The braided lines are available in a kit with all the stuff needed to do the complete job.

The seal where the injector is screwed together may be leaking. This can be tightened up easily enough.
The end caps on the last injector can also leak (Little rubber stopper)
This system is under very little pressure but can make a big mess.

Having the injectors tested a reputable shop may be a good idea.
Stay away from the ebay sellers unless you know them. Loads of crap out there.

Best

Robyn