PDA

View Full Version : Announcment...

Cowracer
02-20-2008, 12:46
After nearly 10 years of being a 6.5 owner and one of the biggest supporters of that engine, I find myself in the position where I am leaving the 6.5 fraternity.

The big blue dually served me well (as did TheDieselPage), but I just traded it in on a 2002 Ford Excursion with the 7.3 PSD. While the dually's running gear is top notch, the rest of the truck is showing its age. I spent countless hours dealing with things like door hinges, water leaks, disintergrating seats, and the like. Coupled that with the inherent "love" required in owning a 6.5, and well... I just look forward to owning a vehicle with no (or less) issues.

I really hate to get rid of it, but I cant justify owning 2 big diesels just for the hell of it. I dont know where it will end up, probably whosaled to some dealer in southern MO, but if you come across a blue dually with an alpine green engine, you would be hard to beat it.

I have asked Jim (MorePower) to remove me as a moderator, as I dont feel its right to keep a non 6.5 guy as a mod on a 6.5 board. I will still drop in about as regular as I do now, and try to core-dump some of the knowlege on the 6.5 I have accumulated over the years, so its not really goodbye.

Thanks tons to everyone who ever helped me with a problem.

Tim

More Power
02-20-2008, 13:42
Hey Tim... Thank you for all your help and support through the years. Drop in anytime! ;)

Jim

Beedee
02-20-2008, 20:39
Okay, I can understand the upgrade to something newer.

BUT A FORD!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Just kidding, just kidding.
Stay in touch Tim, always enjoyed your comments.

Brian

Robyn
02-20-2008, 21:00
AAAAAW Man, a FORD :eek:

Been there done that trip myself. Used to drive nothing but Henry's

Bolted the camp in the early 80's when Ford fell off the planet there for a while.
Bought my next new one in 97 . It was a 350 crewcab PSD 4x4

The poor thing was a real Monday morning truck. It was never right even from the gitgo.

Traded it off at 24K for the Old Black 86 Dahooley.

Just can't seem to get away from GM 6.5's
Must be that I always seem to find partially dead ones cheap. :D

I am a glutton for punishment though :rolleyes:

Later Tim
Gonna miss ya.

Good luck with the new ride.

Best as always

Robyn

ToddMeister
02-21-2008, 13:31
Good luck with the Blue Oval, Tim.

The 7.3 is a great motor, keep an eye on the trans, though.

sturgeon-phish
02-21-2008, 16:19
Good by and may God bless you and your new ride! I've always respected your input. Thank you for your service
Jim

moondoggie
02-21-2008, 17:18
Good Day!

I knew this was gonna happen - folks moving on to newer rides. You'll be sorely missed; I wish you all the best. Thanks for all the help you've given me & us over the years.

Blessings!

16gaSxS
02-22-2008, 14:49
JK;

Good luck with the FOMOCO, I have 4 FOMOCO's on the ranch. I still love to drive the 6.5 Chevy. Thanks for the good times............:D

rustyk
02-27-2008, 19:28
Are you sure that's what you want to do? The PS 7.3L (I have the 6.9L) is only good for about 500-750K miles. :D

Seriously, that old IH engine is a workhorse - not in any way refined, but on my E350 van, the only thing on which I have no things to fix is the engine.