PDA

View Full Version : Extending Mirrors

Ponderosa JT
02-20-2008, 08:05
I found extending mirrors (power/heated/turn signal) for a 2006 on GM parts Direct for $186.80 ea. Will they fit on my 2002 that has the manual extending trailer mirrors? Is there wiring in the door? I could look, but thought someone here has been through this. I've looked at the TTT mirrors but they cost over $500 to get the turn signals. I thought this might be a less expensive way to get the turn signals in the mirrors.
Thanks, Jeff

Kennedy
02-20-2008, 19:49
Yes they will fit, but they will be crooked (slight upsweep like the 06 that they came on) and will not have near the view of the TTT units. My 2007 came with these and I took them off and sold them in favor of the TTT units.

Ponderosa JT
02-21-2008, 08:15
Thanks John. It's too bad that the TTT mirrors are not offered as manual with lights.

Jeff

Kennedy
02-21-2008, 13:25
Is there a reason that you want manual?

The electric is already there in most doors if you want to go electric.

Ponderosa JT
02-22-2008, 06:47
The upgrade to electric mirrors would be nice. Reason for manual; extra cost of electric and having to cut into arm rest for switch. I'm sure I could do it cleanly, but if I screwed it up, I'd never hear the end of it. If you know what I mean. But the turn signals in the mirrors look so cool and add a good safety margin when towing.

Jeff

cowboywildbill
02-22-2008, 16:39
I upgraded to electric & heat on our 02. The switch was easy and all of the wiring harness was there.I just plugged it in. I know that 03 and up are different for wiring, but it isn't that hard. There is an old post on it.