PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Question

Diesel_Wagoneer
02-18-2008, 15:50
Being new to the diesel world I was just wounding if the exhaust manifolds that I keep seeing off cucv's are like an upgrade or header for the 6.2/6.5?

Better yet can you buy headers for a 6.2? Would there be any advantage to running a long tube header for toque like on a gasser??

What is the best exhaust to go with? 2 -2.5 duals 1 single 3" bigger/smaller? Does the 6.2 need constant back pressure?

Rytari
02-18-2008, 16:54
i have never seen any headers for 6.2 anywhere, an only heard about hummer having better ones, but diesel engine is relativly similair to gasoline engine when it comes to moving air trought the cylinders = more air in and out is more air where to mix fuel and more air and fuel mixture in combustion= more power.

in blazer i have made bigger intake pipe for my filter, 5" pipe opens 1/4 round around the filter element, hard to explain, i use k&N filter, i have no egr intake and dual 2,5" pipes with some free flowing mufflers, my old suburban had dual 3" but i haven notice anything difference between 2.5" and 3" pipe in non turbo engine, only noise is lot bigger in 3" pipes, td engine needs big downpipe, but without turbo dual 2.5" really enought in any cases, and 3.. maybe maximum 4" single will work, my 6.2d caprice havin only 2 1/4" single sidepipe now... i can live with it, just when its time to replace i use little bigger.

murphyslaw
02-18-2008, 22:55
there pricey.

http://www.stans-headers.com/gm_headers.htm

A diesel does not need any back pressure like a gasoline engine(iirc).