PDA

View Full Version : New forum idea "Programming & Device controllers"

DA BIG ONE
02-15-2008, 05:25
Perhaps, there would be consideration to create a forum for the 6.5 tuner and device controllers that are on the market.

We all know a TECH2 is out of reach for the average person and there are scanner programs like 'Carcode' that are not really understood by the likes of 'me' and many others too. Like how to really use the device controllers, to say reset brakes for larger tires or any other settings.

I've been digging for information on this topic and lots of help has come from those herein this web-site for this I am grateful but in reality guessing how to use device controllers can cause real issues if it's not done correctly.

I hope this type of forum could take off on the diesel page because no else is doing it!

More Power
02-15-2008, 14:49
A new forum might not be the best approach for this rarrowly defined subject, but we could make it a "sticky" in the existing 6.2/6.5 Tech forum. :)

Dig out a list of all of the available products that allow reading DTCs, reprogramming 1994-95 removeable Proms, and re-programming the 1996 or newer OBD-II models, and we'll begin with that as a first post in a new sticky thread. Individuals can then add to that thread.... Thanks...

Jim

Robyn
02-15-2008, 15:16
Im with Jim

Lets make a sticky thread and just let it run as it will.

Having a specific spot for this sort of subject on the 6.5 is not at all a bad idea.

Looking forward to hearing more.

best
Robyn

DaveNY
02-16-2008, 21:37
I'm All for a tutorial on my AE, before I screw things up by poking around with stuff I shouldn't be.
Dave