PDA

View Full Version : High Speed Downshift

SoTxPollock
02-14-2008, 11:22
Finally after 118,000 miles I had a malfunction. Was standing on the petal to pass a couple of trucks, pushed the tow haul and as I was lifting the accelerator I pushed the tow haul again to turn it off, the transmission downshifted. I don't know where the rpm's went but when I got back in the lane safely with about 3/4 the way down the tach was showing 3600 rpm's and it just stayed there, I kept easing back to see it it would shift up, it never did, even when I let off completely. Must have confused something electronic. Pulled over shut it off and restarted after about 10 seconds, the service engine light came on, but now its shifting ok, runs with the same power it had before. Any ideas? I'm assuming it set and over speed code for the engine, I believe its limited to 3200 on acceleration. No I haven't had a programmer on it still stock ECM, & TCM. This ever happened to anyone else?

DmaxMaverick
02-14-2008, 11:56
Sounds like you hit limp mode. Pull the code. Could be from overspeed, overboost, etc. Get the code to know what happened.