PDA

View Full Version : Injector question.

eracers999
04-22-2004, 22:04
Injectors, 29k on them, 2 of them bad, a couple others making excessive noise. Could this be caused by somone driving it a long period of time with a bad boost sensor, plenty of black smoke when throtte over 1/2 way?? I took it out for a test drive and noticed the smoke and he said its been like that for a while. Im trying to come up with a good reasone why i am having to put a new set in for this guy. These injectors just dont work right. Filters and fuel quality have been acceptable. These injectors were new bosches. Any thoughts would be appriciated. Thanks. Also does anyone have a good recomendation for a place to buy 8 NEW ones, stock .
Kent

triggerman
04-23-2004, 11:14
I think most injectors go bad after getting a shot of dirt from the filter housing when some one dosen't drain AND blow out the filter housing before they pull out the old one. As you probably know, filtering is every thing to the life of injectors. Be sure the boost is working right before you change out the injectors. At idle,the engine will rock side to side badly if you have a bad spray pattern or two out of the injectors. You could just replace the bad ones to save some $$.
Good Luck

tom.mcinerney
04-23-2004, 17:04
>>Could this be caused by somone driving it a long period of time with a bad boost sensor, ....

Nope. No expert, but normally only crud in line can hurt injectors. It's just a precision pressure nozzle, built rugged to last long time under conditions in a diesel combustion chamber.

>>good recomendation for a place to buy 8 NEW ones

Maybe try Gomer's/US Diesel, advertiser, good experience.

DmaxMaverick
04-23-2004, 17:50
Sounds to me like you are still having a low boost problem. If the boost is up, then it is overfueling or out of time. Probably not a problem with the injectors if it runs well otherwise.

eracers999
04-23-2004, 21:57
Replaced the boost sensor and all smoke is gone. I asked him how long it had been this way and he told me he didnt even notice any black smoke. I guess there are some people that are really out of touch with their vehicles.
Thanks
Kent