PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Shut off Solenoid Wiggles

Bruce_De_Mille
02-07-2008, 14:42
My IP was replaced with a re-built one about 2 months ago on my 1999 6.5TD and I just noticed the Fuel Shut off Solenoid wiggles a little bit. I had a fuel leak where the fuel line goes into the IP and fixed it by replacing the s/s Ideal clamp this past weekend. The fuel leak appears to be gone now.

I stopped by a local authorized Stanadyne rebuild shop yesterday and at first they said it could be a bad or missing o-ring or possibly a crack in the top of the IP's case. The tech put a socket to the "silver can" and verified it was tight enough, and since it is not leaking, the tech and the manager said it is fine. While it is under warranty I need to know what the real experts think. Good or No Good ?? Thanks!! :)

gmctd
02-08-2008, 14:02
Imo, wiggle ain't right, unless it's got legs and a pretty face - likely the assembly will start leaking after a while - best to get it serviced now, while it's on your mind.

Bruce_De_Mille
02-08-2008, 17:51
Thanks GMCTD, I think I'll go back to the shop that did the replacement (for over $2,000) and see if they will make it right. I'm expecting that I should get a lot more than just the six months on the warranty for $2,000+

gmctd
02-10-2008, 11:32
Good move - be sure to post the resolution