PDA

View Full Version : 97+ chip

Kmehr
02-06-2008, 23:11
Is anyone running the replacement computer in their 97+ 6.5? If so what power version do you have, where did you get it, satisfied, and what other mods do you have? I'm considering one as well as 4in exhaust and gauges, I have looked at the chips from heath, DSG, SSD, Kennedy, and diesel concepts. Most advertise a 40 hp and 80 hp version for the same price. Any one have any opinion as to the best chip. Just bought the truck 3 weeks ago and probably won't mod till this summer (college student out of town and no tools) but I want to get a good plan in the making. Also any need to intercool with an 80 hp chip ( I assume they make more boost). Thanks!

98 2500 ext cab long bed 4x4
new injection pump
FSD cooler
auto trans

More Power
02-07-2008, 15:22
I'm not familiar with the "Diesel Concepts" brand programming, but the others have been discussed here in this board. I'm sure you can learn more about them when using the search function.

Regarding the 40 & 80 hp programs, ask any vendor to provide you with dyno reports - in an effort to verify their claims. There are hp claims out there that could be more in the realm of wishful thinking.... ;)

Jim