PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here from Fort McMurray

Beedee
02-06-2008, 21:22
If there are any member that live in Ft Mac or work there, I would like someone to stop at the Penzoil 5 min oil change place and thank them for me..The one just off Thickwood.
It was really considerate of them to make sure that the oil filter was put on so tight that there was no way that it could possibly fall off.
Yup, nothing like spending 60 minutes under the truck, swearing at the SOB that put the filter on so tight. I thought that I was going to have to take the adapter off and put it into a vise and cut the filter off, but in the end I got it off.
I only went there because I had no where to do it myself. Never again, I'll lie on a frozen wallfart parking lot if I have to.
Well, thats my rant for the day :)

arveetek
02-07-2008, 07:50
My boss has an 07 GMC Acadia, and right after he had the oil changed at one of those speedy places, it started leaking oil. We took a look at it, and we could see it was leaking from the filter. When we went to replace it, we liked to never got it loose! It was on so tight, they must have used an oil filter wrench and a cheater pipe! They put it on so tight, it squeezed the O-ring off and caused the leak. We thought we were going to have to use the old "punch the filter with a screwdriver" trick, but we finally got a huge pair of channel locks to tear the thing off.

My boss called the lube place back and told them he was never coming back.

Casey

jbadtoy
02-07-2008, 17:19
I have a chevy 1500 5.3 that lost oil presure three day after jiffy lube changed the oil,so I took it to my friends house that said it could be the sending unit. Well it was not they for got to check the old seal on the filter so I lost alot of the oil,I took it back to jiffy and they said we will put a thicker oil in and it will put the oil presure back up. To make a long story short the truck just shut off the next day at about 35 mph,The only good thing was that they did fix the truck with a new motor but it took about a month and a half.