PDA

View Full Version : Stock rocker switch for auxillary lights?

JFerg65
02-04-2008, 17:59
I'm looking for a part number if one exits for an auxillary light switch for my 96 2500 burb. I am planning on mounting a set of LED flood work lights off the back of my rig, so I can unload my duck rig at 4:30 in the morning.

I was wondering if there ever was a stock auxilary switch that fit in the dash. Any help would be appreciated.

DennisG01
02-05-2008, 06:42
Maybe a switch from a pick-up truck would work? I'm thinking a rear cargo/bed light switch (if it was available, you could look at years up to 1999 or 2000).

Or, any old rocker switch from a local supply store would work. There's a ton of styles to choose from. I used one for my external rear back-up lights that I bought for about $3.00. It's black, has nice rounded corners and has a very tiny LED in it to show when they're on. Just pop off that 3-panel (actually just one panel) plate to the right of the dash. Very easy install. Only thing you might have to do is file away some of the ridges on the back of the panel so the switch fits in - still very easy, though.

JFerg65
02-05-2008, 19:28
Thanks! I was thinking that going the aftermarket would probably be easier. I'll see if I can track down the pick up switch like you suggested. I' m going to mount one just inside the barn door so I can switch it on or off from the back as needed.

DennisG01
02-06-2008, 06:14
If you're going to mount it back there, I don't think an OEM switch will work for you. I'm not positive, but I think they're made to snap into a special socket. An aftermarket switch can simply snap into a hole that you drill out.

JFerg65
02-06-2008, 16:21
Sorry about that... I'm looking for an oem for the dash and some aftermarket switch for the back end.