PDA

View Full Version : I Just Had A Hallelujah Breakdown!

Bruce_De_Mille
02-03-2008, 15:58
I just ran into a major coolant leak where the aluminum line plugs into the "Pesky Quick Connect" as Robyn calls it :eek::eek::eek:, and fully expected to have to remove the dual stat housing to get the old Quick Connect out. I must have done something right in a former life because after soaking it with Liquid Wrench overnight I was able to "ease" the old one out:D. I was sure I would have to ask a series of "newbie" questions on how to remove the dual stat thermo housing without removing the whole engine! :o

My main reason for this post (other than to express my pleasure and my thanks to all the Forum contributors) is to publish the Quick Connect Napa part #730-4943 which cost $7.49 + tax. Napa could not cross reference to the GM part #15650056 which I found under anther post.

a5150nut
02-03-2008, 21:21
You probably got lucky and got one of the steel fittings instead of the pot metal one. Funny what disimular metals can do.....

Good to hear of your good fortune!

Bruce_De_Mille
02-04-2008, 19:52
The Quick Connect from Napa is much more substantial than the OEM one from GM. I may still have a dissimilar metals issue but I took John Kennedy's advice and added more pipe dope to the threads (the threads are already pre-doped from Napa, I just added a little more). The Napa one is definitely steel or at least my magnet thinks it is.

cranky old fart
02-04-2008, 22:13
My low coolant light just came on last Friday. I have a small leak from the quick connect. There's a sticker on mine says made in Mexico! How hard are these to get out?

JohnC
02-05-2008, 11:47
...There's a sticker on mine says made in Mexico! How hard are these to get out?

Darn near impossible. The best thing is to stop them from getting in in the first place...

;)

cranky old fart
02-05-2008, 13:45
So whats the fix??

JohnC
02-06-2008, 11:22
So whats the fix??

Don't know. Amnisty?

joe bleaux
02-06-2008, 11:29
Excellent retort!

Don't know. Amnisty?

cranky old fart
02-06-2008, 17:58
Funny John,
Problem is ,with the primaries going the way the are that's the answer they'll shove on us no matter what side wins. So much for the republican party. Third party anyone? Duncan Hunter!