PDA

View Full Version : Air bags?

aquahauler
02-03-2008, 15:37
I towed my boat with a 2001 F-250 Crew Diesel and decided to install firestone airbags to make the ride more stable. It improved the handling when towing however it made the ride a little more stiff even with only 5 lbs. I now have a 2006 Crew Duramax 2500HD. This truck is definately a little stiffer in the back as far as ride is concerned. I would prefer to aviod installing airbags and making the ride even stiffer. My question is; straight up with no alterations, will the duramax handle more tounge weight that the ford. If the answer is yes, I may wait and see however unfortunately, the first tow with this will be NJ to Florida. I would love to hear from someone who went from a F-250 to a 2500HD who towed a big load to see your thoughts. For what it's worth, I tow a 29' boat that along with the trailer comes in at around 12,000 lbs.

This is not a cry for a !@#$%^& contest from you bleeding rabited duramax fans Just a question limited to the tongue weight capacity difference if there is one. By the way, I absolutely loved my Ford however I just maybe love my 2500HD a little better. I am still having trouble saying Chevy