PDA

View Full Version : new IP - now new problem. Help

82gmc
02-01-2008, 23:39
Diesel shop replaced my IP. It was leaking diesel fuel, but it ran great.

With the old IP, when started cold it would smooth out quick and run at one idle speed, then kick down automaticly after warning up. With this new IP it runs rough as hell when started cold and it doesn't set to a" cold idle". I have to stay in the gas. After a little bit runs but at low idle and rough. Once warm seems to run fine.

What did the diesel shop miss and what should I tell them about the cold idle. What are the proper technical terms? Pisses me off.

Thanks for the help.

Now,

Subzilla
02-02-2008, 06:17
The Cold Advance and High Idle are not kicking in. These are set via a block temp sensor and also depressing the accelerator pedal slightly before start-up. Check the front of the pump to make sure all electrical connections are complete. They may have just forgot to plug it back up. Also, check for voltage to all these plugs when you turn the key prior to cold start-up. If you get volts, then it could be internal. Someone else may shed some light on that.

82gmc
02-02-2008, 09:53
Started my truck this morning (plugged in for two hours Plus).

Smokes like hell out of the passenger side...and doesn't seem to want to stop. White Smoke.

My truck ran so good...just leaked fuel. Rocky Mountain Diesel worked on it so I guess I get to find out just what kind of business they are.

This sucks. I will let you all know.

82gmc
02-03-2008, 08:20
When I start this truck cold it misses something terrible and doesn't sound right either. Since it did not smoke like this before this IP was installed, I'm assuming itis not burning all the fuel.

Cold Advance and High Idle are kinda working but like it is set too low. But it runs so poorly hard to tell.

I just has to go out and restart my truck....it's having trouble idleing.

Does any one, have any idea as what going on...bad ip, bad mechanic????

I'm so bummed about this.......Great running to crap. makes no sense.

Rytari
02-03-2008, 14:19
white smoke... air in fuel system.. maybe you have leak in some injector pipe... or timing is little too advanced when hpca is on or.. no i dont know...

john8662
02-04-2008, 09:11
I'm guessing that you could have a fuel leak, some of the lines not properly tightened, and now leaking, etc.

J

82gmc
02-04-2008, 15:19
The Shop thought maybe a bad IP.........

bigeasy
02-04-2008, 18:18
The Shop thought maybe a bad IP.........

Diesel shop replaced my IP.
Did they supply the parts or just labor.
If they did the job and parts, Why are you botherd with it.
Take it back and tell them to get it right this time.

82gmc
02-06-2008, 19:02
They did both: I got it back today and it seems ok. I have not started it cold yet.

They said it was the Timing and that he thought maybe the timing chain was alittle streched.?

How often does a timing chain have to be replaced on a 6.2? I believe there is about 60,000 - 70,000 on the rebuild.