PDA

View Full Version : Requesting VIN for LMM w/ dual alternators

ccole
01-30-2008, 18:02
Hello all- We just purchased a new '08 Chevy K3500 truck for our Deere dealerships Service Department, outifitted with all the goodies (Welder, Generator, Winch, Crane, blah blah)... Anyways, our Miller welder is maxing out the inverter when attempting to weld, so we are wanting to upgrade the truck to dual alternators to help out this problem. I emailed a request to gmpartsdirect.com regarding the part numbers necessary for the upgrade, so I can order them online. They replied back and stated I need to locate a VIN from a vehicle that is already equipped from the factory with dual alternators and then they can provide me with the part numbers needed for the upgrade. So, to make a long story even longer..... I am asking if anybody with a LMM would be so kind as to provide me with their VIN so I can proceed with the project. Thank you in advance!!!!!

Duramaster
01-30-2008, 18:59
I don't have a VIN for you but I can tell you that the RPO (regular production option) code for the dual alternator is K65, Dual 105 amp generators. Are they going to supply you with the schematics? Or do you need them as well? ;)

ccole
01-30-2008, 19:55
Duramaster- First off, I wanted to say "thank you" for the reply. I (and all the other members) truly appreciate your helpful suggestions and advice.

I will take any/all the information you can offer offer regarding the upgrade. I was hoping there was a GM bundled upgrade kit that would offer everything needed for the upgrade, but I was advised there is no such thing. If you have any part numbers, suggestions, schematics or information, I would gladly supply you with an email address or fax number.

Thank you!

Duramaster
01-30-2008, 20:09
Send me your e-mail in a private message and I will do my best to help you out with the schematics and needed parts. ;)