PDA

View Full Version : New PMD and cooler, couple questions

97-6.5TD-F
01-28-2008, 16:19
Got it in the mail today, DSG cooler and stanadyne PMD. Was wondering where that resistor chip goes as I cannot figure out where. Also the kit came with a new harness, just wanted to know if I need to change this, as the intake has to come off to put that on.

Lastly, I am thinking of mounting this thing on the lh inner fenderwell so its not sitting above the engine. Can I just splice the harness and extend it with heat shrink connectors rather that pay the crazy price for an extension harness?

Artworks
01-28-2008, 20:25
Look on ebay for extension harness, I got one to mount a spare FSD, $20 plus shipping. it's going on skid plate. You shouldn't have to remove intake to mout cooler , just two bolts. But you are better to mount the cooler and FSD away from there anyway, mounted mine as per Kennedy's site in front of Battery.

94 at Large
01-29-2008, 09:42
Lastly, I am thinking of mounting this thing on the lh inner fenderwell so its not sitting above the engine.
Most will say get it out of the engine bay for longevity but make sure it is on a properly sized heat sync and in good air flow wherever you mount it.

Can I just splice the harness and extend it with heat shrink connectors rather that pay the crazy price for an extension harness?
Yes

xtrempickup
01-29-2008, 20:09
the price for the extension harness is well worth it. I purchased all the parts, New PMD, a cooler and extension cable 6ft and my truck ran like new and it gave me what was needed to mount that thing anyplace. If my trucks old PMD was strong enough to run that thing i would have snagged all 3 off it before i sold it, but sadly i tried, damn old PMD, Fired wouldnt even run it