PDA

View Full Version : Codes P0751,P0762

ramblinrodney
01-28-2008, 08:25
I get these read at autozone. They've keep coming up all the time and range shift inhibited. Oil level is good, and I know what the two codes say but they don't mean anything to me. This only happens when I first go out for the day. When I'm backing out of the garage I'll put it in [R] then i'll lose it. Then no P,R,N,D,M,1 and range shift inhibited and will blink under one of them. Shut the truck off and restart then everythings fine then and after 3 ignition cycles cel come off. I don't see anyone having a problems with 06+ NSBU switch. And I see some later years are having low voltage through the ignition and they have it replaced and that fixes it. Any good ideas what might be going on. Thanks

tufcj
01-28-2008, 09:01
Check this thread. It's the NSBU switch on the trans.

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=25879

Bob
tufcj

ramblinrodney
01-28-2008, 11:19
My NSBU switch is inside and I've searched for 06+ NSBU switch and it doesn't seem nobody has ever had a problem with them.

DmaxMaverick
01-28-2008, 13:31
Sounds like converter drain-down. I haven't heard of any late trucks with it, but it's an old monster, and can effect any auto.

Before a cold start, when you'd expect the problem to happen, check your ATF level. Make a note of it, then check again after a start and all is well, but not quite warmed up, after it sits for 10 minutes or so. If the problem doesn't happen, try again on another cold start. This will be the same problem the dealer will have if they can't duplicate it. If your first check is significantly higher than the second, the converter is probably draining down when it sits. It's only an inconvenience and no harm will come. When the converter drains, it will pump air into the tranny at first, causing all kinds of confusion with the TCM when it reads pressures and engagement timing. The dealer should address it under warranty, in any case.

ramblinrodney
01-28-2008, 19:15
My 05 D/A I had that drain down. But on this 07 you can let it sit for a week and start it up , put it in gear and its right there now. Dealer wants to put in a new VB in but I don't think thats the problem. When the new VB came in I haven't had no codes in six weeks so I didn't have them put it in. Now I'm coding again.