PDA

View Full Version : 95 Tahoe stereo lights

arveetek
01-24-2008, 08:48
Hey all!

I have the factory radio/tape/cd player in my 95 Tahoe. When running at night, there are backlights that come on with the headlights to show all the buttons. I just recently noticed that there are two buttons that don't light up, two of the radio preset buttons. Also, the rear wiper control doesn't light up anymore.

Is this an easy fix? I would imagine there is a replaceable light bulb in the rear wiper switch, but what about the stereo?

Thanks!

Casey

diesel65
01-24-2008, 19:09
The bulbs are not serviceable like you would replace a taillight bulb.

The radio has to be disassembled to access the bulbs on the circuit board, there are ten bulbs. They have to be unsoldered and then resoldered with new bulbs. I used Radio Shack part # 272-1154 Bi-pin and I replaced all of them, That was a couple of years ago now I need to do it again, my 1&4 button is out.

The wiper switch has a microlamp that is also soldered in place, using a pocket screwdriver carefully disassemble the switch by releasing the catches. I used Radio Shack part # 272-1092 Microlamp. You need to unsolder the bulb wire from the pins then carefully relace the new bulb in place then resolder. I reused the colored bulb cover.

arveetek
01-28-2008, 12:28
Thanks for the info!

Casey