PDA

View Full Version : IP/Throttle Cable Clip Missing

nate_o23
01-23-2008, 13:48
My throttle cable clip is MIA. Does anyone know where I can get a new one?? Do they have them in the HELP! section of the parts store? Do I have do go to a dealer? If so a part # would be great! Thanks for any help.

DmaxMaverick
01-23-2008, 14:08
You can replace it with an "E" clip (2/3 ring with 3 tabs protruding inward). A well supplied hardware store, Napa, Autozone, etc. should be able to get one. Measure the inside dia. of the groove to get the right size.

DmaxMaverick
01-23-2008, 14:13
Just realized....

I have a pretty good selection of E-clips (R/C car parts). Measure the groove and let me know what size it is. If I have the right size, I'll toss a couple in an envelop and mail them to you (PM or email me your address). I could measure mine, but it's not accessible now. I may be able to get to it tomorrow if you can't measure yours.

DmaxMaverick
01-23-2008, 14:15
And......

If you are in a bind and need it to work right now, use a piece of mechanics wire or other suitable wire. Wrap it in the groove and twist it until it won't fall out. It will at least work until you get a proper retainer.

HammerWerf
01-23-2008, 18:13
When I had my IP rebuilt last year, the clip that I found in the IP are describes as follows:

Linkage: Clips, circular

Dorman item number 90093

I found them to be a bit tricky to install. Liked to pop loose from the pliers I was using and go skittering under the manifold. Found that if I tied a loop of dental floss through the arm. If it popped off, i could just pull it back to me.

I bought 2 extras at a local auto parts house.

HammerWerf

nate_o23
01-24-2008, 13:46
Thats what I was looking for, thanks guys!