PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 Heater Hose Routing?

67-72williso
01-12-2008, 05:38
I will be using the original raidator in this older truck whick does not have the heater hose connection on it. In this picture which was should the water flow? I was thinking it should flow from the crossover drawn by the water pump. Is this correct? Bigger fitting on the crossover smaller on the water pump.
Thanks Willis

Hubert
01-12-2008, 07:39
I know for sure on my 97 the top fitting on the thermostat crossover flows out of the crossover towards the heater core (which would be the hot hose).

I can't see it being different for other years. You would not want any cooler water to enter there and cool the thermostats and potentially create anymore thermal gradient from engine to thermostats.

DmaxMaverick
01-12-2008, 10:34
Routing it from the crossover, to the core, and return to the pump is correct. What you have pictured is fine. It will heat slightly quicker this way, than having it return to the radiator. Don't worry about the stats with this, they will work fine.

67-72williso
01-13-2008, 06:31
Thanks for the information. I can`t beleive I got that correct. Most stuff on this project I have to do twice.
Thanks Willis

DmaxMaverick
01-13-2008, 12:02
Thanks for the information. I can`t beleive I got that correct. Most stuff on this project I have to do twice.
Thanks Willis

Nothing wrong with being thorough:) Makes for a good learning experience.

Good luck with the rest of it!