PDA

View Full Version : Does AllData give GM part numbers?

TurboDiverArt
01-07-2008, 17:29
I assume it does but figured I would ask before subscribing. I'm looking for some electrical part numbers as well as some hard parts (a front hub bolt actually). Once I get the GM part number I can order them from GM Parts Direct vs. the dealer.

Thanks,
Art.

DmaxMaverick
01-07-2008, 18:02
Many part #'s are shown in TSB's, and parts/labor schedules. As a rule, it does not. Not any more than the GM paper manual (Helm). I doubt you'll find part #'s for bolts and fasteners, unless they are updated/replaced according to a TSB. The Alldata subscription is a good investment if you don't have a paper manual, but it may not help you if you are just looking for a part #.

I have several subscriptions for different models. What truck are you trying to match the part for? I can check with them to see if they list it. Another perk of a subscription is they have live help (email) if you need it (Autozone database, IIRC). You can do the same thing with www.gmpartsdirect.com. Contact them via email with your VIN and part need, and they are good about replying with the correct info. I've used them several times, and they've replied with a diagram and a confirmation of the item #.

TurboDiverArt
01-08-2008, 03:57
1999 Chevy Suburban K2500
I'm looking for part numbers:

Driver side rear barn door contact switch, 2 contact plunger for rear defogger.

Front hub bolt, one of the 4 that attaches the hub to the spindle, the head is 15mm.

Passenger side front door electric lock/window switch, I'm pretty sure it's an all in one switch.

Thanks for any part numbers,
Art.

DmaxMaverick
01-08-2008, 10:46
Those parts aren't listed, that I could find. Go to THIS (https://secure.gmpartsdirect.com/secure/customer_service/) page and send the request to them. Be sure to include as much detail as possible, including your VIN.

TurboDiverArt
01-09-2008, 17:35
Those parts aren't listed, that I could find. Go to THIS (https://secure.gmpartsdirect.com/secure/customer_service/) page and send the request to them. Be sure to include as much detail as possible, including your VIN.

OK will do, thanks!