PDA

View Full Version : 4 " Lift kit for 1998 suburban 8 lugs

ealemany
01-06-2008, 20:40
Greetings

Has anyone installed a 4" lift it on his/hers 1998 6.5L suburban with a 8 lugs chassis ?

I would like to have little bit more clearance but i am wondering if a 4" lift kit will damage other suspension + transmission components. Are the aftermarket
components as solid as the OEM?

Any suggestion on manufacturers or model of lift kit?
or
Any idea if i should do it or not.

Thank you for your comments.

Eric:)

DA BIG ONE
01-07-2008, 03:37
Lots of k1500 kits, maybe some k2500 but haven't seen any, suggest doing a search of all lift vendors keeping in mind if NP246 t-case (autotrac) requires other $$$$ mods too.

Perhaps, looking into Bushwacker cutouts w/o lift is better option, much less $$$ and you can go to 35" dia tires w/o any suspension lift (save $$$$) and you will get you close to the 4" height increase you are looking for.

Robyn
01-07-2008, 08:42
I have seen the lift kits on 2500 and 3500 trucks.

The only way I would do it would be one of the upper end $$$ kits that has all the parts to drop the torsion bars, A arms and such to keep all the goodies in line. Some kits even drop the front diff some too I believe.

I have seen some cheaper stuff but could not honestly recommend it.

I personally would not chop a truck up and do the flare thing but that is just my personal preference and does not reflect on the idea being good or bad.

JMHO

Robyn

ealemany
01-07-2008, 21:50
Thank you to all for giving me all the info.
I think that i will go ahead and do more research on the lift kit idea.
If anyone has any lift kit vendor names to recommend that will be great.
Thanks.

Eric

jimbucks
01-19-2008, 13:31
I'm looking for a vendor with a 2-3" body lift for my '98 K2500 6.5TD. All the kits I've seen to date say they won't work with the Diesel option and no one has been able to tell me why not?

DA BIG ONE
01-19-2008, 17:40
I'm looking for a vendor with a 2-3" body lift for my '98 K2500 6.5TD. All the kits I've seen to date say they won't work with the Diesel option and no one has been able to tell me why not?

I've been considering a slight body lift too, and found that the kits are all for gas burbs. There is an issue with raising the radiator support fan hits shroud custom one would need to be built, then the fuel fill tube is next problem.