PDA

View Full Version : whats up with my 07 lemon

dirtyduramax
01-06-2008, 10:08
Well I have finally decided to make the jump and bought a chevy deisel, 07 silverado classic 2500 crewcab, it seemed to be a good truck but i figured the fuel milage sucked for a deisel, then the truck started having motor issues.The first thing was that the motor would run rough and smoke alot, took it into the local gm dealer and they could not fix the problem because it was intermitent and did not throw a code, then i noticed a oil leak on the upper left corner of the engine the dealer fixed this.The motor was still running rough intermitently so i took it in to change the fuel filters , the other garage found that the gm dealer did not install the internal o ring on the fuel filter when he replaced the old one,the truck seemed to quit running rough after the filter was changed so i thought that may the fuel system was over pressuring due to not having the internal o ring in fuel filter.SO last night i was going to go for a drive and i made it about a 1/2 a mile and the check engine light came on and i lost all power ,truck would not rev past 2000 rpm and i had to limp it back home ,so i guess it is back to the shop again ,does any one know what could be the cause of this problem as i hooked up my code reader and it shows p0100 and p106 as codes this is my first deseil and probably my last as for a $60000 truck you would figure you could drive it more than 3 months before it starts breaking down as my 99 chev 5.3 gas job has already got 280000 kms on it with no issues go figure

moparfan74
01-15-2008, 11:04
allways get your purchases checked out thoroughly. good luck with everything

Mark Rinker
01-15-2008, 17:42
Wow. Highly unusual. Hard to know what to do in your case - but usually persevering in life works out best in the end. My advice? Don't give up just yet...but lay the groundwork for remedies if the problems continue. Three strikes and they're out. I'd say you are at strike two.

I'd ask for a meeting with the sales manager, service manager, and owner of the dealership. In that meeting, I'd provide a copy of the sales order, show a timeline of your mechanical maladies (without making any suggestions to their cause, repairs, or shortcomings of the service department) and calmly explain that this is simply not acceptable for a brand new truck.

Let them decide and offer what to do next. Regardless of what that is, I would then ask if it were "reasonable for you to expect a new truck - no questions asked - if another breakdown occurs within 90 days or 5,000 miles." How could they say no?

If they refuse to agree to those terms - and to put them in writing - I'd begin to investigate legal remedies via your provinces lemon laws, in case your problems continue. Document everything. These things turn into a war of paperwork and the person with the most information usually prevails.

Duramaster
01-15-2008, 20:51
Let's not get crazy here. It's my understanding that before a buy back happens it would have to be more than trhee times for the SAME issue. Not three separate engine issues (ie oil leak, low power, runs cold). This may also vary from state to state?

EdHale
01-16-2008, 04:32
In Georgia it is 3 times for the same issue. This may be the reason they replaced my intermediate steering shaft and bearing so quickly, for the second time, right after Christmas. This was the 4th documented visit for the same problem.

cowboywildbill
01-16-2008, 07:39
In West Virginia I think it is 3x same problem and must still be on the originial cinder blocks.
Just kidding, I am sorry to hear about all of your trouble. You might be able to give your vin to one of the techs on this site, and maybe they can see what is up with your dealer or GM. I had a problem a few years ago with a GMC Dealer, and found out they weren't really trying to go thru the warranty process for a no fix. They were jerking me around because they didn't want a come back on there satifaction survey rating.

Dakster
01-16-2008, 14:42
Lemon laws are usually a combination of either 3 times for the same problem or more than so many days out of service regardless. In Florida it is 30 days out of service and weekends count.

Both cases are even better...