PDA

View Full Version : nsbu again?

DADGLW
01-03-2008, 17:18
started banging when you go from drive to reverse and ses light came on. then it seem to stay in 2nd or third gear. would it be that nsbu switch again? just changed it last april.

More Power
01-03-2008, 20:57
Doesn't sound like an NSBU, but I'd want to see what codes are being set before stressing too much. :)

Jim

DADGLW
01-04-2008, 18:42
put the truck in shop this morning to thaw out. snow and mud was caked up around the trans so bad had to dig it out, and that was after it had been in the shop for 7 hrs. changed the nsbu, and the ses light went out. seems to work all right now. time will tell...and the parts store even warranteed it....

cowboywildbill
01-19-2008, 16:06
Thats good, at least you dont have to pay for it again.

Mark Rinker
01-22-2008, 11:05
Was that the final fix? I have my 2002 in today for alternator and pinion seal, NBSU has been acting up even after replaced for second time a month ago...

Hopefully the alternator was low or varying voltage before it died and that will take care of the problem.

Turbo Al
01-22-2008, 18:05
Dadglw,
Mine did exactly the same things yours did -- so I was wondering if you are running deep lug snow tires. I think my tires are part of the problem they seem to "throw" a lot of mud and snow right at the NSBU switch area. I have small mud flaps but think maybe should put some bigger ones on the front.
Al

DADGLW
01-24-2008, 19:52
once i put in the new switch every thing worked fine. the snow and mud wasn't from the tires... i was some place i should have stayed out of...had to get the escavator to pull me out...luckily i was fairly close to the shop

Mark Rinker
01-25-2008, 18:53
Dealership replaced the only weeks old NAPA (black plastic) part that started acting up within hours of install with Genuine GM part.

Problem solved. (For now, anyway...)