PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter Or...

allformike
12-26-2007, 13:54
Do They Make A Cold Air Intake For The 6.2 Or Is It Possible To Make On. Or What Kind Of Air Filter Should I Go With.

john8662
12-27-2007, 01:18
Performance air filter I vote finding a Unifoam filter, they don't have an application for the 6.2, but with measuring the dimensions of your stock filter it's possible they have a match.

The 88-91 (truck) Air cleaner assemblies are actually better than the 82-87 (and 88-91 sub/blzr) filter housings, in regard to the air inlet size into the cleaner assembly. One thing to improve flow into that area would be to retrofit a way to remove the resonator (round-oval plastic thing before air cleaner) and replace with the right sized air duct. You might get a little more engine groan, but more peformance.

J

doncannon
12-27-2007, 09:42
Hello All,

If memory serves me correctly (my black plastic thing is long gone) it actually has a hole in the bottom so it does not work like ram air. So as john8662 said replace with air duct or pipe (flex exhaust pipe works good) coupled to a funnel (tranmission funnel works good-need to cut down a bit on the small end to match pipe) at the front through the core support right up to the grille. Kinda crude set up but works good!!

hope this helps,
Don