PDA

View Full Version : 95' 6.5L upgrades?

zeroordie9091
12-19-2007, 15:35
ok, so far all i have is an intake, im looking to upgrade it a bit more.

i was thinking of exhaust, is 4" too big? i dont mind the sound, they arent to big on that in my area.

also, what can i do to up my boost a bit more? i seen the ssdieselsupply.com's chip. is that credible?( i understand i will need boost/pyro gauges)

thanks for all your help.

1999GMC
12-19-2007, 18:40
It's never to big. On the boost you can get a boost foller from Kennedy Diesel or a mechanical turbo master from Heath, and I think SS sells them also. Or I have heard of guys running a 10K resistor in line to raise the boost. But with Kennedy's or Heaths you can adjust them. I have Kennedy's boost fooler and on my truck it added a little more power. Nothing huge, but I can tell a difference when I took it out.

zeroordie9091
12-19-2007, 19:59
ok, ty for your info. does it make the sound of the turbo more noticable by chance? although it really doesnt matter about the sound, but it would be an added benefit = )

Robyn
12-19-2007, 22:15
My DaHooooley (3500 4x4 crewcab) has a 3-1/2 Banks stinger system with a Turbo master and a Chip in the ECM that is programed so the overboost code does not pop up.

I can run about 12 PSI max with this setup.
The Banks system I feel is quite adequate as it was installed without the cat.
The Banks system has an air flow correction device that goes in the fender.
The sound is real nice and the turbo whistle is quite pronounced at times.
I think 3-1/2 is quite fine for a 6.5 but if your starting from scratch and desire the 4 inch, why not :0)

I have the gauges too.
The truck runs like a scalded dog and still will do about 18 MPG Hwy and 15 city if one can curb the urge to feel the power. :eek:

I can fry the duals at will on dry pavement away from a light. The thing can get quite hinky on wet pavement though.

I prefer the tubo master myself. Not too much to fail there, simple simple simple.

Some folks prefer the electronics but I love the springy thingy.

Good luck and have fun

Robyn

zeroordie9091
12-21-2007, 16:25
ty for your info = )

what kind of electronic systems do you recommend?