PDA

View Full Version : 08 Llm

hapaschold
12-19-2007, 03:29
thinking of trading up to 08 LLM... dealer offered invoice, less 3500 bucks on a 3500 with LLM. going to crunch some trade #s today.

how s goes the new emmision stuff on the dmax ?

over at the powerstroke forums, a few have had the exhaust trap s replaced a few times already...

thanks ! !

More Power
12-19-2007, 15:18
The aftermarket has begun offering power adders for the LMM, but I've heard from an owner who had his DPF replaced twice as a result. I'd not be inclined to add power for a while yet.....

They are great trucks to drive. ;)

Jim

Dakster
12-20-2007, 15:06
Sure that wasn't a new Ford. Reading a Ford site, there are several people that are on their 3rd-4th replacement DPF... Of course several are saying they are "stock".

More Power
12-20-2007, 15:19
Sure that wasn't a new Ford. Reading a Ford site, there are several people that are on their 3rd-4th replacement DPF... Of course several are saying they are "stock".

No, the one I was thinking about mentioned a popular flash tuner for his LMM. One plugged DPF wasn't enough, so he tried it again after getting the dealer to replace the filter. Of course, it plugged again.. I wonder if GM is watching the LMM DPF filter replacement situation....

I've talked to a few local LMM owners who haven't had a problem - all stock. :)

Jim

OC_DMAX
12-20-2007, 22:38
I was thinking about a new truck myself. I usually trade after 5 years. I have had the current truck for 6 years now. The 2001-2002 HD's are the last Chevy styled truck that I personally like. The new ones don't do it for me, though the interiors look really good.

I believe the basic DMAX engine has most the "bugs" worked out. The injectors post-LB7 appear to be a non-issue. I am not so certain about the DPF. I'll probably wait until 2009,,,,

The days of changing factory programming are probably over. I have to believe that the engine plus the exhaust "after treatment devices" are a closely coupled system and the later can easily be damaged. The only way around this is to remove them entirely.

Kennedy
12-25-2007, 19:36
I've tuned "clean" with good success, but what we see most often is guys removing the junk and then running my tuning.

I've heard from several who have had frequent regen issues, plugging, etc using the typical off the shelf tuning.