PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a part

bbudus
01-20-2006, 21:55
Sometimes I wonder what GM is thinking :mad: I am looking for the clear plastic piece that covers the gauge cluster. The part# is 16142517, but GM has conveniently discontinued this part. The only one I have been able to find is $95 :eek: Are you kidding me!! Why would they discontinue this? If you did not have the tac they have yours but for us with the diesel package, I am guessing they all had tacs, you are SOL. You can go to the salvage yards but they are in no better shape than mine.

If anybody has a source, or any other ideas let me know. I have been all over the web with no luck. GM Parts Direct does not even list the part. So don't send me there.

Thanks in advance,

Highly annoyed Bbudus

Dvldog 8793
01-21-2006, 07:31
Howdy
Salvage yards...just try to be able to check the part before it's pulled.
L8r
Conley

Basshopper
01-21-2006, 18:32
I just bought a gauge cluster for the fuel gauge and have the rest for parts, I would sell the cover to you its scratch free. You can email me Basshopper@hotmail.com

Basshopper
01-21-2006, 22:57
Did no see the year mine will not work. Here is a link to a search on Ebay, There is one on thier brand new don't know if that will work. Check out this link. Good luck

http://search.ebay.com/Chevy-truck-instrument-cluster_W0QQfclZ4QQfromZR9QQfromZR9QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ 3QQfstypeZ1QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEFSRCHQ3aSRCH