PDA

View Full Version : manifold style?

bleucrew6.2
12-06-2007, 14:02
Can anyone tell me if the exhaust manifolds on a 6.2 are typical or similar to a big or small block gasser? I'm having a hard time finding an exhaust system for my truck. Doesn't seem to be anyone offering pipe sets for diesels...
Thanks for any and all help!
John

DmaxMaverick
12-06-2007, 18:41
The only similarity is the # of holes. They are not the least interchangeable.

If you need an exhaust for a N/A 6.2, you're better off having a system built at your local muffler shop like you would for a gasser. Needs are simple. Otherwise, try TDP supporting vendors (http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/main.htm) for a complete system.

I'll move this thread to the 6.2L Forum.

EWC
12-06-2007, 19:05
Where are you ? I parted some crew cabs out and have exhaust systems for 454 , 350 and 6.2 .

ccatlett1984
12-06-2007, 22:04
you won't see an increase in power or mileage by putting headers on your diesel, sorry but it just doesnt make enough difference to be noticed. Besides, the engine bay is tight as it is between the engine and the frame.

for exhaust from the manifolds back, go to a local exhaust shop and have them install a set of 3" duals with flow-through mufflers.

bleucrew6.2
12-07-2007, 09:24
EWC,
I am in the Catonsville area. I am interested in replacing the existing (rusted) dual system on my truck from the manifolds back. What do you have?

John

Craig M
12-07-2007, 10:45
"you won't see an increase in power or mileage by putting headers on your diesel, sorry but it just doesnt make enough difference to be noticed. Besides, the engine bay is tight as it is between the engine and the frame."

We have dyno tests to dispute this statement. Stray Cat posted results for a NA engine with stock headers and a set of equal length manufactured headers. The equal length headers produced more horsepower and torque than the stock. This test was a few years ago and I have not been able to find it in the old threads. Gain was not huge, but there was an increase.

EWC
12-07-2007, 20:43
Sent you a PM .

ccatlett1984
12-11-2007, 22:05
again, not enougth to be noticed.

is spending $1,000 for a set of headers (since they are low production, they cost :cash:) worth it for seeing a 3hp increase?

Much more cost effective to install a turbo.