PDA

View Full Version : 83 6.2 fuel delivery problems...HELP..please

thomas.kandler
12-05-2007, 14:27
So this is an 83 burban with the 6.2, it has a fresh rebuilt injection pump, fuel going to the injection pump, but no fuel coming out of the injection pump??? The shut off solenoid is working....There is a fairly steady stream of fuel coming out of the delivery line into the IP....I also tried running a piece of fuel line directly from the IP into a can of fuel, a little fuel was drawn up, but not enough to fill up the line..... I am stumped, and starting to get agrivated. Am i missing something here? any ideas would be GREATLy apretiated. Thanks for looking

Tom

EWC
12-05-2007, 14:53
Are you saying that you have replaced the pump and can not get it to prime ? I personally like to remove the glow plugs and crank the engine over until I get a misting of fuel from the holes . Just be careful with the cranking time so that you don't damage the batteries or starter .

thomas.kandler
12-05-2007, 19:45
so about how long will i have to crank with the glowplugs out? I think i am going to give that a shot....any other suggestions?
thankyou!

yes i have replaced the pump

EWC
12-06-2007, 06:10
It might take a little while , depending on if you changed the fuel filter or not . Put a battery charger on it and take your time letting it cool off and recharge . I'd also put the throttle all the way to the floor when cranking .

EWC
12-06-2007, 06:13
Just saw you have an 83 . This should have the 2 round fuel filters . You should be able to fill them with fuel and then screw them back on . This might help you with priming the system .

thomas.kandler
12-06-2007, 11:31
yes it does have the 2 round filters, they are new and i did prime them with new fuel.