PDA

View Full Version : So I pulled my engine....... Help!

eroessler
12-04-2007, 14:58
:confused:
I need some help. I have 2 Questions...and any help would be greatly appreciated.
I recently pulled my 6.2 out of my '89 Blazer and during the removal there was a cable that runs from the transmission to the injector pump (driver's side). I thought that I had disconnected it, but apparently I had not. Needless to say, it is now in 2 pieces. My first question is what is the name/part # of this cable? I have been unable to find it in any manuals.

My second question:
I have sucessfully transferred the parts from one motor to the other, but I used the non-egr intake that is standard on the military versions. I have switched over the passenger side valve cover so I can use the CDR valve inlet. My problem is that due to the lower profile of the new intake, the air filter housing will not clear the vacuum pump. How can I cure this problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eugene
:confused:

john8662
12-04-2007, 15:24
The cable from the transmission to the engine is called the "TV Cable" You'll get to re-adjust the transmission with this cable upon final assembly in the chassis. You were going to have to anyways.

Intake, make an adapter. You'll also notice that the Hummer intake studs are also positioned 90 degrees from where the ones for the Blazer's intake were.

Or, replace with correct non-egr intake.

J

HH
12-04-2007, 17:38
Some non-EGR engines had a spacer for the air cleaner assembly. You may be able to get one from GM, or search a salvage yard.

john8662
12-05-2007, 10:06
That adapter is used on G-Vans with non turbo 6.2 and 6.5 up till '95.

J