PDA

View Full Version : Where did it go?

Duramaster
11-30-2007, 13:22
I wanted to reply to MAD 90 about his class action issue. Where did his post go? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

More Power
11-30-2007, 16:31
This isn't the site for drumming up support for a class action. If he had come to this board or sent me an email asking for help with a tough warranty problem, I could have helped him. Once someone talks about litigation, no one from GM (or any other manufacturer) will discuss it or want to get involved.

In addition, I have a standard list of instructions for truck owners to follow that I send to people who have a problem with their warranty and want to know how to escalate the situation within the system - and without litigation.

Jim

Mad90
11-30-2007, 18:55
Sorry for stepping on anyones toes. I thought this was an open forum. I didn't realize that by asking for support I would be endangering a relationship with GM. By protecting GM you are making this worse for duramax owners, not better. A few dozen people doesn't help the thousands with problems and no alternative other than to suck it up and keep paying the repair bills. Thank you, I did get a few usefull tips from the posts, and appreciate that you are trying to help. And just for the record, I did try the proper channels. I spoke to the dealership service manager, 3 different supervisors at GM, and the manager of the warranty center . The only solution offered was a discount on a NEW GM vehicle equal to the repair bill.

Mark Rinker
11-30-2007, 20:15
You have come to the right place.

My advice would be to take your situation offline with Jim, and utilize his knowledge to help resolve your problem.

Duramaster
11-30-2007, 22:35
Tell me this mad90.................. how many miles on the truck? Why do you think the regulator is shot? what is your VIN? I am a dealer technician and I would like to help as much as I can. I don't always reply to posts as quick as I should, but I have alot on my plate right now.

More Power
12-01-2007, 02:19
Sorry for stepping on anyones toes. I thought this was an open forum. I didn't realize that by asking for support I would be endangering a relationship with GM. By protecting GM you are making this worse for duramax owners, not better. A few dozen people doesn't help the thousands with problems and no alternative other than to suck it up and keep paying the repair bills. Thank you, I did get a few usefull tips from the posts, and appreciate that you are trying to help. And just for the record, I did try the proper channels. I spoke to the dealership service manager, 3 different supervisors at GM, and the manager of the warranty center . The only solution offered was a discount on a NEW GM vehicle equal to the repair bill.

My and this web site's first priority has been to help members owning the GM diesels. Always has been - for nearly 12 years.

In my experience, knowing the right people can make all the difference with regard to warranty satisfaction. So, no you didn't access all of the channels you might have.....

If you've got a list of "thousands", I'd sure like to see it.

Jim