PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 downpipe/crossover pipe

Jochen Woern
11-23-2007, 20:52
Just a quick question out of curiosity:

There are two (2) donut style seals that mount between exhaust manifold and cross over pipe.

- While I installed my 4" inch Pinnacle Exhaust System, I did NOT notice a seal/donut between turbo and downpipe while removing the stock downpipe, I therefore installed the new Pinnacle downpipe directly WITHOUT any seal or donut to the turbo and connected it with the V-Clamp.

Did I forget anything, is there a seal or donut in this location as well which I may have forgotten?

If I forgot it, should I take the downpipe off again and put the seal and/or donut in between? What is the worst that can happen?

Thanks in advance.

DitchDr
11-24-2007, 07:33
You are good. No seal in there. Just downpipe to turbo.

Did you have trouble with the install of the exhaust system?

I have the Pinnacle kit for my 96 GMC K2500 ExCab. I am having problems with the hangers. I think the torch and welder are in it's near future.

Jochen Woern
11-24-2007, 09:19
Thanks very much.

I did not have any trouble with the install of the exhaust. However, I do agree that the hangers could be better located. Considering that the Banks system would cost me 650 bucks and I paid 260 instead, I am VERY happy with the Pinnacle system.

My hangers still connected to my satisfaction WITHOUT torch and welder. If anything ever will come of the hangers, I still can get the old torch and welder out at a later time, right?

Good day.