PDA

View Full Version : One problem One Question

alteredspeed
11-18-2007, 07:57
I have an 88 gmc 3500, It has a jasper rebuilt 6.2 with about 20,000 on the ticker. Changed all filters and installed new glow plugs because it seemed to start hard, with it getting colder hear in VA. Starts better little smoke but at idle any time hot or cold it seems to have a miss (like a gas engine with a plug wire off. Don't know if the IP has ever been out or if the injectors ever changed. I drove the truck from middle of VA to TN, With a Car hauler and back Ran good little slow up hill, my buddy was in a 05 chevy(6.0) gasser and could pull me on the hills,Nothing a turbo wont fix. I dont have the cash for a turbo right now but would like to get the engine ready for it. Should I buy 6.5 injectors? I bought a IP for a 6.5 off ebay and plan on having it tested when I get it. Also exhaust question. I will be adding a turbo. Should I have it built dual into a large single so when I convert to turbo It will be easer. Or leave the duals for now and just get new system with the turbo.

Robyn
11-18-2007, 08:55
When little 6.2 was rebuilt was the IP and injector nozzles replaced with new/freshened or????

A miss can be a bad injector and if the set ws not fresh they could need some attention and contribute to hard starting too.

A Banks turbo kit and a big exhaust will wake the little oil rat right up for sure.

Robyn

alteredspeed
11-18-2007, 09:03
I don't know if the injectors were fresh or not I did not own the truck at the time of the engine installation. One of the reasons I bought the truck is because of the low miles on the engine. I know this to be a fact because Im and authorized jasper dealer and called them with the serial # and they confirmed installation millage. Should I replace the injectors with 6.2 inj or 6.5 inj. Dont forget turbo soon.