PDA

View Full Version : Crank sensors for dinner

rbr
11-07-2007, 18:20
Has anyone been eating crank sensors on a regular basis? I seem to get about 2-3 months out of them and then start getting rough run and ses light with crank sensor code. I also have a start problem once in a while where I have to hit the key a couple of times to get connection to the starter. Could be related???
Thanks for the help, great spot!

gmctd
11-07-2007, 23:44
Faulty harness wiring\connector(s) gives same symptoms as faulty device(s) - only reason I replaced mine was the sensor location in the aluminum cover was bored with a jack-hammer, so the oem sensor could not be removed non-destructively when I was changing the cam timingset - I finish-smoothed the bore B4 installing the new one, I c'n tell ya that, fer sure.............

TAG
11-08-2007, 08:37
I have had the same problem with mine, 3 sensors in last year or so. I suspect its not the sensor, as the last time it stumbled & threw the code it also set iac & ect codes at same time. I am installing a reman pcm next week as time is not going to allow a painstaking diagnosis.I have checked grounds & wiring harness though. Will let you know how it comes out.

rbr
11-29-2007, 18:24
Thanks for the help, I replaced the crank sensor but I think I have a cylinder that has bad injector although they are brand new HP's. I'm also getting some real weird DTC's, EGR valve 44, 45 and trans output speed, 24 that don't relate to a diesel 5 speed so I'm stepping up to a new PCM. I'll keep you posted.