PDA

View Full Version : Found out something New

Plowboy81
11-07-2007, 07:36
I have a 95 Chevy K2500 turbo diesel with a B&D chip. Have been having trouble with the turbo cutting off after I reach 70 and holding 5 pounds of boost. Replace the vacuum pump, waste gate valve and the vacuum lines and still had the problem. Almost replaced the chip and the turbo waste gate. But I never did. Good thing I didnt cause I found that the problem I was having was coming from an exhaust leak on the drivers side, right at the donunt gasket. Had it fixed and have not had the problem sence. One thing I never tought of and thats what it was. Thought that I would write and tell what I had found out. Never know when someone else is having the same trouble. Who would have tought that a simple exhaust problem would cause such a problem.

gmctd
11-07-2007, 18:06
Belated welcome to the 'Page, Pb81...........

1st and only post since 2002, and it's a fix - good man - but, yeah - an exhaust leak is as good as a Boost leak, or bad as.

Plowboy81
11-29-2007, 08:27
Hey thanks for the welcome. So does any one have a 6.5 Diesel that is not running they want to part with?

Robyn
11-30-2007, 08:58
Plowboy

When was the BD chip installed in the truck?/ if its an early one there are some things you can greatly improve on by upgrading the chip.

PM me and I will give you the skinny

Robyn