PDA

View Full Version : LLY w/Juice Att running slow

6.6Turbo
10-21-2007, 08:08
I have a 05 LLY with cold air intake and juice w/attitude and sometime is seam to run really fast but other times it is slow. On setting 5, I was embarrased by my brothers 07 cummings w the predator set at 100hp. He can go up to 180hp. My gas mileage has dropped to 16 empty as well. Any thoughts?

DmaxMaverick
10-21-2007, 08:29
If all filters and components are healthy........

Try removing the Juice and let the PCM/TCM relearn the stock settings. Once it seems back to "normal", try again. Much of the logic in the system is adaptive, and will make adjustments to accommodate changes over time. After running high HP settings for a while, it can (not always) "detune" your Juice. Many times, it's the TCM adaptive learn that will cause a defuel condition, taking away your power. If you have your tranny slip protection set fairly conservative, it could be the tranny beginning to slip more, and the Juice will defuel. This is more likely the case if you have been running high power levels on an otherwise stock engine/tranny/converter. The only cure for this is a tranny/converter upgrade/overhaul, or abstinence. It's the price you pay for exceeding the limits. Also, stacking like power enhancers (like Predator and Juice) can cause conflicts within the logic. They do basically the same thing, just applied differently. Don't worry too much. If your brother is running high power levels on his Dodge under similar conditions, he'll be as slow as you (and slower) in no time.

6.6Turbo
10-21-2007, 09:12
Thanks for the advise, I need to change the fuel filter. The air filter is new. I am not stacking, just using the predator to correct the speedo.

DmaxMaverick
10-21-2007, 09:30
A fuel filter due for service can surely pull the plug on your fun. Start with that and see where it leads you.

Kennedy
10-22-2007, 05:50
I have a 05 LLY with cold air intake and juice w/attitude and sometime is seam to run really fast but other times it is slow. On setting 5, I was embarrased by my brothers 07 cummings w the predator set at 100hp. He can go up to 180hp. My gas mileage has dropped to 16 empty as well. Any thoughts?

Setting 5 is too much for the stock transmission. Also probably too much for the fuel system unless the filter is fresh OR lift pumps are added. The LLY Juice was never really all that aggressive, but it did have decent grunt for towing, especially with a little added boost.

6.6Turbo
10-22-2007, 16:27
I am only seeing 23psi of boost, I thought I was getting closer to 30psi with my 02 LB7. The LB7 had a hot juice and would walk circles around the LLY.

6.6Turbo
10-25-2007, 16:32
john,

would your boost stick help the performance of my lly and/or milage?

mark45678
10-27-2007, 15:31
john,

would your boost stick help the performance of my lly and/or milage?

the LLY motor ran about 5~8 less PSI of boost then my lb7 truck , i think it was about the same fueling map..... having said that and seeing black smoke out the pipe you can add some air to clean up the black smoke and gain power maybe better towing fuel economy .