PDA

View Full Version : USdiesel vs Kennedy Cooling upgrade kit.. any difference?

jpgreen
10-21-2007, 06:36
I'm sure this has probably been covered here and I'm reading as much as possible, but I have to place an order ASAP, and I was wondering if there is a significant difference in the 6.5 cooling upgrade kits between these to companies?

USdiesel does not list all the components, and I was wondering if there was a better reason to go with Kennedy diesel. Shipping cost and time is less for me from USdiesel.

Also what's the preferred thermostat temp consensus?

More Power
10-21-2007, 11:16
The only way to compare the two cooling kits is to get an itemized list of the individual parts from each and to know whether they are OE or aftermarket parts.

There's lots of discussion here in other threads about what temp thermostats are best. My preference is for a pair of 180s...

Jim

Kennedy
10-22-2007, 05:47
I haven't seen the kit in question, but thermostat selection (true high flow) is something that I have seen vary in other kits.

jpgreen
10-27-2007, 11:17
Thanks for the reply JK. I bought your kit and have it now. There wasn't any "O" rings included like in the picture. Was there supposed to be?

Kennedy
10-29-2007, 10:52
Each thermostat box should have a rubber seal that goes on the stat.

If you are missing something send me an email with your name and details for the fastest, most efficient response.

jpgreen
11-02-2007, 06:57
Sorry for the delay in posting as I've been on the road. They are probably in the stat boxes as that's the only place I had not looked. Thanks.