PDA

View Full Version : New Guy w/project questions

64K10
10-18-2007, 09:53
i just joinned The Diesel Page the other day but this is my first post i was directed here by another member on The Stovebolt Page. I currently own a 1964 Chevy K10 truck (64 c10 body, 78 4x4 Suburban frame) i switched this truck from 2wd to 4wd myself it has a 350 V-8 gas engine in it and i want to make the truck more unique, have better fuel mileage (in suburban form i got 10-11 if i babied), it either has 3.73s or 4.11s for gears SM465 trans and NP205 t-case i have been advised to go the 6.2 route because it'll will be a basic bolt in and go (sort of) and because of their price and availability when looking for a 6.2 what should i watch out for? are flywheels for this engine easily found? (i want to keep my manual trans) what gears would be good for best power/mileage? (i currently have 32in. tires but plan on stepping up to 35s) do these engines run true dual exhaust or do i have to run a Y-pipe to split it? (want to run dual stacks) are the affected any power/mileage wise if they are ran straight pipe? and lastly is there any opinions on this, suggestions?
any and all help is greatly appreciated
Nate

More Power
10-19-2007, 23:17
Welcome to the forums!

You might begin with the following thread, which is currently in the Conversions Forum (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=27827). I think it'll answer many of your questions about the type of conversion you're considering (sounds cool).

Jim