PDA

View Full Version : Need Banks Wastegate Actuator

befland
10-16-2007, 16:15
Does anybody know where I can get the canister actuator for the wastegate on a Banks Turbo? I've contacted Banks and I've been waiting for 2 days for them to come up with something I can use. I've also contacted Heath Diesel to see if he has a mechanical unit that will fit but no satisfaction.
This is the MHI TE06 Banks that was used on the F**D PS.

ccatlett1984
10-16-2007, 16:18
the banks turbo doesnt have a wastegate. That is not the stock banks turbo (banks comes with a T04B)

you need to look for a product for the powerstroke, since thats the turbo that you have.

befland
10-16-2007, 16:34
This is a Banks turbo. I also have the non-waste gated turbo (I'm replacing it with the Banks for the 7.3). My non-WG is a Schwitzer that was made for Banks and I think the later ones were Garrett. At any rate, I need the actuator. I thought somebody here may be a Banks dealer and could help me out.

JeepSJ
10-16-2007, 22:15
I am surprised that Banks could not come up with it. That is the turbo that I am using. When I was putting mine together I contacted Banks for some parts and they had no problems getting me the pieces I needed. They even tossed a spare exhaust pipe flange into the box for me.

ccatlett1984
10-17-2007, 00:24
http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=457

I googled for "powerstroke wastegate"

john8662
10-17-2007, 07:19
Call again and get a different rep, sometimes you can get someone that's willing to do the research.

I went down this exact road with mine, no idea why the fella I got the turbo off of removed the wastegate actuator, and no longer had it anywhere.

Anyways, when I called banks I asked if they had it, i was told no. But then the rep got my information and told me he'd call me back if he had one off a core turbo that had problems under warranty. Called me back and said he had a used one off a nearly new core turbo that had failed under warranty. Sold it to me shipping and all just shy of $75. But, that's cheap.

They can order you one from the original manufacture, just make sure you get the name and the extension of the rep you're dealing with and they'll likely take care of you with some repeat calls and keeping track of your ticket.

J

befland
10-18-2007, 08:08
>I googled for "powerstroke wastegate"

This is the original Garrett turbo for the PS....NOT the Banks. Bill Heath actually designed the Turbo-master actuator (Heath Diesel) and as I stated in my earlier post...I contacted him to see if he had one for my application. He did not.

John, I'll follow your advice and start "pestering" mode.

befland
11-01-2007, 14:48
Just an update. I finally got somebody at Banks and he knew immediately which part I needed. I figure out how much mechanical parts cost to make for a living...so I know about what this thing cost to make. I figured that it would probably be about $75 if it was OEM but since it was Banks...I figured it would probably be about 100-125. I was not ready for $225! (probably cost less than $10 to make if it's made in Asia)
At any rate, I decided I would try straightening the one I had. I worked on it for about two hours and got it almost perfect. Blew some air in and it worked like a champ! A little filler in the dents, a little bit of sanding, a little bit of painting, and viola...just like new!

john8662
11-01-2007, 16:22
Me thinks I got lucky with the used pull eh?

Well, now we know!

Glad you had the part to start with, and it gave you the inspiration to get it fixed up.