PDA

View Full Version : Exploded or Exploding Diagrams?!??

jobu
10-07-2007, 09:16
Hello all-- what a great site and forum.

Just put a PMD and heatsink on our 6.5 TD. It RUNS!!! Yay!!!

BUT-- throws the serpentine belt. Changed tensioner. Engine was rebuilt (?) . It's a '97 6.5 TD in a 3500. I surmise the wizaeds who owned it previously cobbled together the accessories (p/s pump, air pump.)

I've straightedged everything. The alternator was already shimmed (!) with various washers. Moved that. Ten times. One rib of the belt riding off the alt pulley, and half the belt off the tensioner pulley, is the best I can get.

Does anyone have or know where I can access diagrams of how the accessorries and brackets and hardware were SUPPOSED to be fastened to the front of the 6.5? Or will I have to endure glaring looks from a Chevy parts man and pray he'll dig thru his microfiche???
Many thanks. Jobu.

Robyn
10-07-2007, 13:05
First off, Welcome to TDP glad to have you!!!

I would happily send you detailed pix of mine but its a 95 and they are slightly different and the accessories are on opposite sides as is the tensioner.

Someone here will chime in with some good pix.
The GM parts guy is not going to be any real good as their pix are very basic and small.

Good luck

Robyn

jobu
10-07-2007, 15:29
Thanks a whole lot!! :) I will wait and see what pans out. Thanks for your reply to my post.

I will explore here later and wanna check out yer truck!! Just figuring out this forum thingy...

Thanks
--Jobu

4inchsnappy
10-09-2007, 13:23
Just my 2 cents but I had a jumping belt problem after I removed the vaccume pump....I have a maual waste gate and did not need the pump. I put on the shorter belt and it kept jumping, after a little head scratching i discovered the previous owner or mechanic had remove the engine hanger hoist bracket used when pulling the engine.

hope some pictures find there way to your computor.... Welcome to the site