PDA

View Full Version : SES after oil change

Luis
09-30-2007, 06:49
After I changed the oil yesterday I noticed it took the oil pressure about 3-4 seconds to register upon starting. Just as it registered on the dash the 'Check Oil Pressure' message appeared in the information center area of the dash then dissapeared. Drove the truck 8 miles and it ran fine. Parked it at home and for 3 hours. When I started the truck agian I have the Service Engine Soon ligh on the dash. Seems to run fine but not sure what it may be. Any ideas? I'm getting ready to take it to church and I'll find out. Will it reset itself if it was a glich?
Thanks in advance...

DmaxMaverick
09-30-2007, 10:57
We need to know the DTC. It may not be related.

In any case, if it was a glitch, it will reset after a number of start cycles or warm up cycles, depending on the code class.

Luis
10-02-2007, 18:23
Well...light went out the next day...Everything seems fine...until tonight...I stopped to fill up. Shut her down while fueling, replaced filler cap till it clicked three times, get in start her up just fine and SES light is on. Still seems to run fine. Guess I'll have to take her in and have it scanned for a code...

Luis
10-04-2007, 12:02
I took her in this morning. Tech II found code P0380 (Glow Plug Circuit Malfunction) stored in history. They cleaned, tested and secured connections and found glow relay sticking intermittently. Replaced Glow-Plug Controller and relay assembly.

Parts (part # 97371491), labor, tax and shop supplies = $347.87