PDA

View Full Version : filling up the tank

staszekgra
09-24-2007, 20:16
1. I replaced right fuel tank in my GMC (old one had bad leak) and everything is Ok except when I fill it up - I can't fill the tank easily : pump nozzle cuts off repeatedly during every fill up and I have to depress handle lots of times. I tried change angles but it didn't help much. I had this problem with old tank - with new one the same thing... any suggestions ??

2. I 've got a leak on fuel hose I noticed it when I changed fuel tanks from right tank (works good) to driver's side tank and after that I had fuel under the truck (under engine compartment):eek:. Right now I don't know where is leak (late evening, I don't have garage). One more thing: I couldn't fill up left tank - diesel fuel "backed up" and spilled all over my shoes :D I filled it up maybe with 2 gallon of fuel...that's it...

Thanks
Stan

staszekgra
09-27-2007, 16:16
Still I did find fuel leak, it's from injector,
pumping fuel to right tank still that issue, it's annoying but doable maybe should I get used to it...

highpockets
09-27-2007, 18:12
Check the vent pipe. If it is blocked then filling will be slow. Look for a kink or low place where fuel settles. Also I have had trouble with some pumps producing too much foam. Take a flashlight and look down the filler tube where the pipe connections. Could be a bad rubber coupler.

burnoil
09-29-2007, 22:54
On my '84 K30, I have to have the pump nozzle just barely in the filler neck or it will do the same thing. Put it in as far as you think you should and click, click, click. Pull it out so it looks like it is going to fall out (it never has) and I can rip fuel into it full-bore. Might be worth a shot.