PDA

View Full Version : WHOO-HOO ! Just saw a new 08 3500

cowboywildbill
09-24-2007, 15:13
Was driving by our local Dealer in Thurmont, Md. and there is a silvergrey ? New 08 3500 D/Max Dually on the lot. It is loaded Nav/ Leather/ Rear overhead DVD/ Chrome after market grill and more. But what caught my eye was the chrome aftermarket Mag wheels. Very nice, but when I tapped on them with my finger they are Wheel covers, Plastic I think, or maybe they could be stainless. They look like real wheels until you really feel them. They don't look like the typical stainless simulators that evryone has. They do retain the Chevy center covers like some of the other styles do. These trucks are brought in from a customizer in Hagerstown, Md. They add all of the extras. But this one still had the stock bell on the exhaust. I saw an 07 LMM with the stainless tip that replaces the bell. It still functions for the DPF.
I am going to check on the part number for the wheel covers and $ cost.
OH the sticker was $57,000 and some change for the truck.
I wonder if the GM strike will affect the new truck production?

rjwest
09-25-2007, 08:47
are they as ugly as the 07....???

cowboywildbill
09-25-2007, 10:32
I didn't see any difference. I think it is just the same production line with different Vin and Model year like the late 06 and 07 classics were. The big chrome side bumpers on the front is starting to grow on me, I guess in time it won't seem so akward. Some one is bound to make some kind of kit to replace it. I think they are plastic.

cowboywildbill
09-26-2007, 13:47
Drove by the dealer today and it's gone. Lasted frome Friday to Tuesday. Must have sold it or another dealer picked it up.
I guess the dually's are really hard to find. I'm glad to hear the strike is over. All of those GM workers will keep getting thier pay checks and Hopfuly GM won't go any further in the hole either.

cowboywildbill
10-02-2007, 09:43
Drove by the dealer about 3 or 4 day's later and now it's back. They either sold it and replaced it with another truck with same color and goodies or maybe they just had it inside the shop for a few day's? If I get a chance I'll stop and ask. If I can take a picture and figure out how to post it I will put it on the site.
WHY AM I LOOKING ?, OUR TRUCK ONLY HAS 6,000 miles on it, and WE LOVE IT !

SoTxPollock
10-04-2007, 10:31
Cowboywildbill, your having way too much fun, easy now eaaaaassssyyyy.

cowboywildbill
10-05-2007, 03:47
Yep! I am having a lot of fun. There are a great buch of people on this site, I hope they don't get tired of reading my post. I'm in my fifties now and this is like a hobby "well almost" These trucks are like Harley's. I think it's cheaper to buy and customize a bike, but not as safe to ride. I stopped by the dealer yesterday and he told me it was the same truck it was just inside getting washed. He said the wheel covers/simulators are plastic and cost $
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS! SIT DOWN! ARE YOU SITTING DOWN? OK HERE IT IS!

A set of four cost about $700.00 US. I said you could buy a nice set of wheels for less than that. He said the truck could be had for $51,000. They have an LT 1 comming in with cloth seats and that he already had two or three potential buyers for that one.
We bought the salesman's wife's car a couple of months ago, it is a 2001 Z3 M series 3.0 BMW roadster. What a hoot to drive and it gets 27 mpg. Put the top down and go. That is when my wife lets me drive it. Our salesmans wife is expecting thier first baby soon and that was the end of a two seater for her. Mini Van time for them. Gee I wonder if they can get a good deal? "Ha Ha"

DmaxMaverick
10-05-2007, 06:15
Be very careful here, or you'll have to start going to the meetings.......

"Hi. My name is Bill. I've been a GM Diesel junky for.........."

cowboywildbill
10-06-2007, 08:46
DUI DURAMAX ULTIMATE INFLUENCE or DUDI DRIVING UNDER D/MAX INFLUENCE