PDA

View Full Version : detuning

05_2500hd
09-23-2007, 21:22
I know this may sound stupid but, is it possible to detune a 2006 LLY truck version to 250hp like the van version so i can mate it bedhind a 4L80e or 85e. Can you swap computers from van and install it on to the truck motor.ALso does the van ecm control the engine and the trans or just the engine

More Power
09-24-2007, 15:08
The vans aren't equipped with the Allison. However, EFI-Live can be used to detune the engine.

Jim

JoeyD
09-25-2007, 14:39
Just beef the trans to handle the power.

05_2500hd
09-25-2007, 14:59
I will proably will beef up the 4L80 later. but for now i just want to get the engine installed and running. that why i ask if the van ecm will work on a truck motor because it lower output. how much power can a 4L80 take if beef up.

Curtis Mittong
11-05-2007, 17:02
Sorry to ressurect an two-month old thread, but I'm in the same ballpark sorta... I am retrofitting a car with a Dmax and there is no way that an allison will fit a passenger car tunnel, so I'm looking to beef up a 4L80E. I did find a few tranny companies that will build them in three stages. Most of them dance around the same three torque ranges; 550, 750, and 1000. The 750 and 1000 tq builds are all manual shift valve bodies and I'm trying to determine if its because automatic shifting is a weakness, or if its just that most people needing that much beef would be choosing a manual valve body anyway.

I'm interested to search and ask more on this topic... my thing is that I want the tuning possibilities that are provided in the truck engine, but I want to know what the actual differences are. Can I buy a van engine/tranny and then just reprogram it? Are the hard parts the same between the trucks and vans, or is the 250 hp van version a whole different animal?

Don't mean to hack a thread, but I think we're searching for the same answers more or less.