PDA

View Full Version : need some opinions

mudbud255
09-04-2007, 19:13
Instead of swapping in the 6.2 for the 350 would it be more time consuming or more of a pain to convert a two wheel drive 6.2 Suburban to four wheel drive.I've done plenty of gas motor swaps,and I have the tools and equipment to convert it to four wheel drive.just looking for opinions.The 84 6.2 Burb is two wheel drive and it runs and drives like a champ but has some rust. My 89 is gas four wheel drive.I originally bought two 84 6.2 Suburbans for parts one is a rust bucket and the other can be saved.I just need a four wheel drive for all the places we go camping and go ATV'ing.And want it to be diesel.Sorry so long,thanks in advance for all your opinions.

warwagon
09-05-2007, 20:08
personally i would rather change eng.s all day instead of the 4x4 swap. depends on how much spare time you'd like to devote. good luck!

joescj5
09-05-2007, 21:24
As a certified 4x4 nut, I say swap the engines. There is so much crap that goes into a 4x4 conversion that it just isn't worth it. (One exception, if the resulting rig will be unique, work beautifully in 4wd and on the road, and just plain turn heads. Then convert away....)

mudbud255
09-07-2007, 18:53
Ok I guess I will go with the Engine swap....Will do this this weekend..At least get the motor in and then proceed with the rest of the things that need to follow....