PDA

View Full Version : Current IP rebuilder recommendations

gavio
08-30-2007, 22:10
Hi All:

I think I may need to just go ahead and replace my IP again - the beast hasn't run quite right since the IP was last rebuilt a year or so ago - I think it just wasn't done correctly.

I searched the forums and didn't find a lot of recent discussion, so, who are folks turning to for good Injection Pump rebuilds for reasonable dough? Accurate Diesel doesn't list the 6.2-6.5 mechanical pumps on their website any more and there seem to be some new players in the market.......

Definitely want to stay inexpensive, but obviously want to get this puppy fixed right this time.

Thanks for the latest......

Gavio

Robyn
08-31-2007, 10:17
I use Diesel fuel injection service up in Portland

If I were you I would bite the bullet and call Heath or Kennedy and get a new one.
The price is a little steep but many of the rebuilts are just not worth taking home.
I have had very good luck with DFIS in Portland but the frieght and such is prohibitive for you.

Stay away from ebay. There are good folks there BUTTTTTTTTTT you cant tell if the stuff is good or junk unless you know the vendor.

I have bought used stuff and gotten lucky. An IP is not a good gamble

Just my thoughts

Robyn

Subzilla
08-31-2007, 12:55
I would still give Tim Wagner at Accurate a call or an e-mail. I would bet he would still have some DB2's and DS4's on the shelf. I just purchased some 6.2 injectors from him a month ago. Great guy to work with and his prices are great. Still running an IP I purchased from him about 5 years ago.

HammerWerf
09-01-2007, 15:11
Gavio,

I've got a shop down here in Bakersfield that is good, fair, and reasonably quick. I just had them rebuild the IP in my 83CC. Goiing back in this weekend.

Diesel Power Systems.

Let me know if you would like their phone number.

HammerWerf

gavio
09-01-2007, 23:24
I talked with Tim at Accurate Diesel this morning, and I think he's gonna be able to help me. He's trying to cut back on 'em a bit as he was getting swamped, but his prices still rock.

Thanks for the input - if it looks it's not gonna happen for whatever reason, I'll try the folks in Bakersfield next. Do they work on 6.3s in general, or are they a Pump rebuilding outfit? Just curious for future reference, as Bakersfield isn't all that far away, and shops up here are very pricey.

'Course on the other hand, I'll be going up to Portland for a little while, too. Hmmmmmm

Gavio

HammerWerf
09-03-2007, 18:55
gavio,

Diesel Power Systems is an injector pump shop. They do not do general 6.2/6.5 engine work. I know other shops that can do that.

I do know that they will swap out the injectors if you make an appointment. I did that with my 84 about 3 years ago.

For my project, I removed the pump, took it to their counter, and when they were done, they called me. neat and easy.

This shop tries to keep a few DS-4's on the shelf for when customers need to replace theirs.

Let me know which way it goes.

HammerWerf

gavio
09-13-2007, 10:42
In the midst of a flurry of activity, I got my pump from Tim Wagner - very friendly service and the pump was done and here lickety-split for a crazy good price.

It's on and running and on initial trials seems much better than the last one. I leave ina couple days for Oregon and I'll find out then if things are really all fixed up.

For today, another assault on the charging problem which ahs dogged me off and on for several months.

If I need more, I may try getting the injectors cleaned.

Thanks for the help.

Gavio